RAGBRAI 2014 Information
Corrine Verschuure, Treasurer, RAGBRAI Registration Contact
1 Lincoln St., Pella, IA 50219
- If you are interested in joining our club on RAGBRAI, please contact registration contact, listed above, for details for registration on the RAGBRAI site.
- Note: you must be a member to sign up for RAGBRAI with the Pella Cycling Club (PCC). Print membership application and club waiver. Send completed membership paperwork and fees to Corrine Verschuure at 1 Lincoln St., Pella, IA 50219, or include with your RAGBRAI fees (see below).
- Send RAGBRAI registration fees, and PCC fees to Corrine Verschuure by March 1. See RAGBRAI Fee Calculator form to determine total cost.
- July 1: No refunds for PCC fees if you cannot make the ride. There will be no refunds for RAGBRAI fees after March 1. You must sell RAGBRAI passes on your own - absolutely, positively.
Join us for RAGBRAI
What is it?
RAGBRAI®, The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, is an annual seven-day bicycle ride across the state. RAGBRAI is the longest, largest and oldest touring bicycle ride in the world. If you haven't experienced it, you've missed out on the biggest and best ride in the United States. Trust us on this! Each year, the Pella Cycling Club organizes a team of riders and the necessary support for this epic event. If you want to learn more about RAGBRAI, check out the official RAGBRAI web site: www.ragbrai.com
What do you get with Pella Cycling Club's RAGBRAI Package?
A "turn-key" RAGBRAI experience including:
- Pre-arranged overnight locations, hand picked to meet our team requirements
- Charter bus transportation from Pella to the beginning town, and returning to Pella from the ending town. (Optional)
- Bikes transported for you while you ride the charter coach
- Your gear transported for you from overnight town to overnight town all week
- Custom designed daily maps that guide you to our overnight location each day
- A friendly support crew to welcome you after each day's ride
- Snacks, fruit, and drinks to refresh you after the ride
- Warm showers in a new custom built "shower trailer"
- Personalized sag service in case you need it
- Bike repair and maintenance tools and experts on hand for minor fixes
- An experienced support crew that will help you with any questions and advice that you need
Reasonable rates - you get all of the above for just $275 (PCC fees), all week! Depending on your circumstances for travel, it could be less see the cost breakdown on the RAGBRAI calculator form.
Large enough to be taken seriously, small enough to be friendly! The Pella Cycling Club has a reputation of quality fun! We're constantly thinking about ways to improve and make your experience better. That's why our Support Vehicles are such valuable assets - we have dedicated, knowledgeable members who give their time, expertise and resources to do things right. But we're just the right size to get to know you, and have you get to know us! There's room and respect for your individuality, while graciously accepting you as an important and valuable member of the team. With the wide variety of abilities, interests, and personalities in our club, you'll be sure to find someone as a riding, conversation, or social partner!
We're well-organized We've been doing this since 2001 and always have a full team with an experienced support crew.
NOTE: We must limit the number of riders to 55 per day in order to provide the support listed above. Those who have ridden RAGBRAI with us before, or are an active current member, will be given first priority to join the team. It will be opened up to new team members after February 20.